Updated June 1, 2018
VisualDNA, a Nielsen Company (“we” or “us”), with a registered office and principal place of business at Nielsen House, John Smith Drive Oxford OX4 2WB United Kingdom provides various data analytics and targeted content and advertising services (“Services”) and devises image-based quizzes (“Quizzes”) for our clients and business partners, which include website owners and advertisers (“Clients”) under the VisualDNA, Youniverse and Imagini brands. We also operate a number of websites, including: http://www.visualdna.com and my.visualdna.com (the “Sites”).
If you have any queries or comments about our collection or use of your information, please get in touch with us by emailing us at email@example.com.
1. Information Collected
We collect personal information from visitors to our Sites or our Clients’ websites, individuals who open advertising emails sent by us or our Clients, participants in our Quizzes and users who interact with online adverts or who otherwise visit websites within our network.
The information we collect may include:
- Information provided by you.
- Data on your image preferences and information about products and/or pages viewed when you participate in our Quizzes. Although we cannot identify you individually from your image preferences, your responses help us to build a picture of you, your characteristics, lifestyle and/or preferences in order to serve you personalised adverts and content.
- Records of our correspondence with you or information from such correspondence if you contact us.
- Information collected automatically from your device, including:
- Your IP address, which is the unique address of your computer that is automatically provided to other devices when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from those devices on the Internet.
- Information about the type of browser you are using (for example, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari).
- Your hardware or operating system device identifier (for example, IDFA for iOS, Android ID for Android and Google Ad IDs.
We may combine the above categories of information with information about you that we get from other sources, including information held by our Clients and our business partners. Details about our use of your information can be found in the “Use of Information” section below.
We do not intend to collect information about minors under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that minors not complete the Quizzes or provide information through our Sites. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a minor, we will delete that information from our records.
We also do not seek any sensitive personal information (e.g., information relating to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions,religious or other similar beliefs, health or medical conditions, criminal background or trade union membership) through our Sites or Quizzes or in connection with our Services.
2. Use of Information
On behalf of our Clients
- We may also use the the information for Analytics, Strategic Research and Development, Measurement (to measure the effectiveness of content and adverts) and Customisation (to provide you with a more personalised service on both our Sites and our Clients’ websites).
- Where our Clients are using your information for the above purposes, we encourage them to make you aware of this in their privacy policies and to explain how you can opt out of such practices.
For our own purposes
- Our Sites are generally intended for use by our Clients and other businesses looking to use our Services. We will, therefore, use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, respond to your enquiries and requests, administer orders and accounts and provide you with information about our Services.
- Where applicable, we comply with the Internet Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) Good Practice Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
With respect to the personal information of European Union (EU) residents, we rely on your consent to process your personal information. To the extent that we process any sensitive personal information relating to you, we will do so because either: (a) you have given us your explicit consent to process the information; (b) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or (c) you have made the information manifestly public.
3. Disclosures of Information
- We may engage third parties to provide services on our behalf, which may involve them processing your information, e.g. to complete partial addresses or to augment the information we hold about you. Such parties may only act on our instructions and are not able to use your information for their own purposes without your consent.
- All of these disclosures may result in the transfer of your information to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence, and by browsing the Sites, participating in Quizzes and communicating electronically with us, you are consenting to such transfers. In cases where your information is transferred outside your country of residence, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal information. If you are a resident of the EU, such safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the information recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal information to third countries. For further details relating to the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used with respect to such transfers, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Your Choices and Rights
We believe that you should be in control of your information at all times. As such, we provide various choices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
In particular, for information we hold about you, you may contact us at:email@example.com in order to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information;
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- request that we update the personal information we hold about you or correct such information that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- restrict the way in which we use your information; or
- withdraw or decline your consent at any time.
We will explicitly ask you when we need information to identify you in connection with your request. We may require you to cooperate with our security checks before we disclose certain information to you.
Finally, you can delete the personal information we hold about you by visiting http://my.visualdna.com and deleting your entire profile.
If you are based in the EU and have any questions or concerns about our collection or use of your personal information, please contact our EU Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, if you are unsatisfied with the way we have handled your personal information or any privacy query or request that you have raised to us, you have the right to complain to an EU Data Protection Authority (DPA). If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Information Security
We have in place reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures that are designed to protect the information in our possession. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
6. Information Retention
We will retain your information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes identified in the “Use of Information” section above or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws.
7. Third-Party Websites
9. Contact Us