Last Updated: 27 July 2018
VisualDNA, a Nielsen Company (“we” or “us”), with a registered office and principal place of business at Nielsen House, John Smith Drive, Oxford, OX4 2WB, United Kingdom, provides various data analytics and targeted content and advertising services (“Services”) and devises image-based quizzes (“Quizzes”) for our clients and business partners, which include website owners and advertisers (“Clients”) under the VisualDNA, Youniverse and Imagini brands. We also operate a number of websites, including: http://www.visualdna.com and my.visualdna.com (“Sites”).
If you have any queries or comments about our collection or use of your information, please get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Collection of Your Information
We collect personal information from visitors to our Sites or our Clients’ websites, individuals who open advertising emails sent by us or our Clients, participants in our Quizzes and users who interact with online advertisements or otherwise visit websites within our network.
The information we collect may include:
- Information voluntarily provided by you.
- Data on your image preferences and information about products and/or pages you viewed when participating in our Quizzes. Although we cannot identify you individually from your image preferences, your responses help us to build a picture of you, your characteristics, lifestyle and/or preferences in order to serve you personalised advertisements and content.
- Records of our correspondence with you or information from such correspondence if you contact us.
- Information collected automatically from your device, including:
- Your IP address, which is the unique address of your device that is automatically provided to other devices when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from those devices on the Internet.
- Information about the type of browser you are using (for example, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari).
- Your hardware or operating system device identifier (for example, IDFA for iOS, Android ID for Android or Google Ad ID).
We may combine the above categories of information with information about you that we get from other sources, including information held by our Clients. Details about our use of your information can be found in the “Use of Your Information” section below.
We do not intend to collect personal information about minors under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that minors not complete our Quizzes or provide personal information through our Sites. If we become aware that we have collected personal relating to a minor, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information from our records.
2. Use of Your Information
On behalf of our Clients
- Our Clients include (but are not limited to) businesses operating in the marketing and advertising technology industries, marketing and advertising agencies, consultancies, publishers and brands.
- We may also use your information for analytics, strategic research and development, measurement (e.g., to measure the effectiveness of content and advertisements) and customisation (e.g., to provide you with more personalised service on both our Sites and our Clients’ websites).
- Where our Clients are using your information for the above purposes, we encourage them to make you aware of this in their privacy policies and to explain how you can opt out of such practices.
For our own purposes
- Our Sites are generally intended for use by our Clients and other businesses looking to use our Services. We will, therefore, use your information to provide and improve our Services, respond to your enquiries and requests, administer orders and accounts and provide you with information about our Services.
- Where applicable, we comply with the Internet Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) Good Practice Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will process your personal information on the basis of your consent or in connection with our legitimate interests, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. We may, for example, process your personal information in reliance on a legitimate interest in the effective and lawful operation of our Sites as well as the effective delivery of our Services. We may have other legitimate interests and, if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal information relating to you, we will do so because either: (a) you have given us your explicit consent to process the information; (b) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or (c) you have made the information manifestly public.
3. Disclosures of Your Information
- We may engage third parties to provide services on our behalf, which may involve them processing your information (e.g., to complete partial addresses or augment the information we hold about you). Such parties may only act on our instructions and are not able to use your information for their own purposes without your consent.
- All of these disclosures may result in the transfer of your information to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence, and by browsing our Sites, participating in our Quizzes and communicating electronically with us, you are acknowledging that your information may be transferred outside your country of residence. In cases where your information is transferred outside your country of residence, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal information. If you are a resident of the EU/EEA, such safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the information recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal information to third countries. For further details relating to the transfers described above and the adequate safeguards used with respect to such transfers, contact us at email@example.com.
4. Your Choices and Legal Rights
We believe that you should be in control of your information at all times. As such, we provide various choices with respect to your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Depending on your country of residence, you may have the right to:
- request confirmation that we are processing your personal information;
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- request that we update the personal information we hold about you or correct such information that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- restrict the way in which we use your personal information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or limit our use of your personal information (e.g., if your personal information is inaccurate or unlawfully held);
- object to our processing of your personal information;
- withdraw the consent that you have given us to process your personal information;
- request that your personal information be transferred to another organization in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format (to the extent applicable);
- request that we delete the personal information we hold about you; and
- lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country of residence regarding our processing of your personal information.
If you are interested in exercising one or more of the rights described above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may request proof of your identity and require you to cooperate with our security checks before we can give effect to these rights.
Additionally, you can delete the personal information we hold about you by visiting http://my.visualdna.com and deleting your entire profile.
If you are based in the EEA and have any questions or concerns about our collection or use of your personal information, please contact our EU Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If you are unsatisfied with the way we have handled your personal information or any privacy query or request that you have raised to us, you have the right to complain to the appropriate Data Protection Authority (“DPA”). To find the contact details of the DPA in your country of residence, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
5. Information Security
We have in place reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures that are designed to protect the information in our possession. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
6. Information Retention
We will retain your information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes identified in the “Use of Your Information” section above or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws.
7. Third-Party Websites
9. Contact Us
For EEA residents:
Oxford Business Park South
John Smith Drive
Oxford OX4 2WB
Attn.: Legal Dept.
For residents in all other countries:
85 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004
Attn.: Legal Dept.