Last Updated: 23 June 2019
If you do not accept the use of these cookies, please disable them using the instructions in this cookie notice, for instance by following the ‘opt-out’ links provided below or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from these websites cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
N.B. Rest assured that the cookies we use do not contain details like your name, telephone numbers, e-mail or postal addresses.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by VisualDNA to you computer;
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on VisualDNA’s behalf. We use third party cookies for web analytics and advertising purposes.
- customise and enhance your online experience, through activities associated with our clients, including Digital Marketing and Advertising Technology companies (platforms), consultancies (media agencies), brands, and publishers, such as website optimisation and tailored advertising;
- enable us to advertise both on and off our website;
- enable our clients to deliver tailored advertising as well as analyse their audiences and customers and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- monitor our site performance and to improve our websites; and
- understand the total number of visitors on our sites, the types of internet browsers and the operating systems used by our website users.
What types of cookies does VisualDNA use?
The types of cookies used on this website and our clients’ websites can be classified into one of 3 categories, namely Strictly Necessary, Performance and Advertising cookies. We’ve set out some further information about each of these cookie categories and the purposes of the cookies we set in the following table:
|Type of Cookie||What it does||How to block|
|These cookies are necessary for us to provide you with the basic functionality of our products.||You can opt-out of these cookies on the eXelate Opt-Out page. Please note that you can’t use our products if you opt-out.|
|These cookies enable us to collect analytics data so that we can improve our product.||You can opt-out of the following services:|
|These cookies enable us to help our clients to serve adverts more relevant to you. Importantly they help us to provide our products and services to you free of charge.
||You can opt-out of the following services:|
How to control and delete cookies
- by using the opt-outs provided above;
- by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices; or
- through your browser, as explained below.
You can also block cookies by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.