Publisher Business Developer - New York, US
Would you like to work for a fast growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial creative tech company, playing a pivotal role in expanding its footprint in the US?
VisualDNA are the leading provider of consumer data to digital advertisers in the fast growing programmatic digital advertising market and over 80 of the top 100 brands use our data. We enable advertisers to create target audiences for their digital advertising campaigns through our unique consumer insight based on consumer quizzes combined with VisualDNA’s big data network of around 500,000,000 profiles of consumers internet behaviour.
In addition to advertisers we work with hundreds of Premium Publishers helping them to understand and communicate their audience and to increase the yield of their inventory.
VisualDNA currently has local territory data for the UK, US, Germany, Russia and Canada. Our plan for 2016 is to consolidate our position in these markets and also to launch into five new territories across both Europe and APAC.
Based in our New York office, the Business Development Manager will work within the Publishing team in our Marketing Services Division. The key objective of the role is to grow the US Publisher network, Core responsibilities will be identifying, initiating and developing new commercial and strategic partnerships with premium and 2nd tier media owners. The successful candidate will take full ownership of the key client accounts they develop and will be responsible for driving growth and managing the relationships.
Key initiatives will be to drive the use of VDNA data for targeted online display advertising, selling in VDNA’s proprietary analytics – WHY and increasing cookie volumes within the US market
The successful candidate should have a passion for selling and be comfortable generating their own prospect list along with maintaining and delivering commercial and mutually beneficial agreements.
This role will suit a results-driven self-starter with real commercial acumen, a highly effective all-round communicator with excellent presentation skills, who is currently working within the advertising technology industry.
You will be mainly responsible for:
- Generating your own prospect list from a range of industry verticals and maintaining a qualified sales pipeline within the company’s CRM system.
- Pitching new business ideas with qualified leads and delivering highly targeted proposals that result in closing commercial and also mutual beneficial partnerships.
- Negotiating commercial terms with partners and preparing subsequent contractual agreements in conjunction with our in-house legal team.
- Developing relationships across the US Publisher landscape.
- Creating tailored proposals for a range of data services with strategic partners and preparing high quality presentations in line with company branding.
- Maintaining the company’s relationships with existing clients and growing revenue from partnerships through adoption of new products and services.
- Building strong relationships with client contacts, developing a good understanding of their marketing strategies and objectives to drive new product development.
- Acting as the first point of contact for data onboarding partners and the interface between internal teams, e.g. technical resource and product development.
- Assisting the management team with provision of relevant reporting for timely and accurate insight and ensuring necessary invoicing is consistently up to date.
- Pro-actively identifying new opportunities to develop strategic partnerships in line with key business objectives.
- Your Profile
- This role would suit someone with a real passion for digital technology, experience of data- driven display advertising, and a proven track record of closing new business.
- It’s a consultative sales role that requires an effective facilitator to bring creative and technical specialists together with clients and balance this with strong commercial acumen.
- A real passion for pitching and closing deals with experience of delivering results from both cold and warm leads.
- An established network of contacts in the publishing industry.
- A solid understanding of online technologies and extensive experience of working within the digital industry – min 3 years.
- Experience of working with traditional media owners and digital Publishers.
- A genuine self starter with great presentation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships at all levels.
- Extremely detail orientated with the ability to identify new business opportunities from emerging technologies and product development.
- Experience of client-relationship management within the advertising or marketing industries.
- Ability to translate client requirements into solutions – disciplined and structured with first-rate problem solving skills.
- A team-oriented, collaborative approach, but willing and able to take responsibility for personal targets/deliverables.
- An ability to identify and resolve recurring problems and take the initiative for improving existing processes.
- BA/BSc degree; MBA, advanced degree and/or professional qualifications a plus.
- A preference for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that has developed innovative technology within the fastest growing area of digital marketing, audience profiling and targeting. We believe joining the team at VisualDNA is personally, professionally and financially rewarding.
Apply @ firstname.lastname@example.org
All successful candidates will be contacted within 10 working days of application. (Sadly due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond directly to everyone, but we will try our very best!)
No agencies please.