Senior Big-Data Architect for Israel office
Location: Ramat Gan
VisualDNA Israel is looking for an ambitious Senior Big- Data Architect who wants to work in an enjoyable and dynamic small business atmosphere. We combine big data and psychology to reveal more about people and why they do what they do.
VisualDNA is the leading provider of consumer data to digital advertisers in the fast growing programmatic digital advertising market. Over 80 of the top 100 UK brands use our data to create target audiences for their digital advertising campaigns. Our unique consumer insight is based on psychological personality analysis in consumer quizzes and VisualDNA’s big data network of 500m profiles of consumers internet behaviour drives our global growth.
VisualDNA is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We pride ourselves on our team which brings together some of the brightest minds in the business. Our people are outstanding problem solvers and talented thinkers with decades of industry experience. We offer an environment that fosters creative thought and is rich with learning opportunities.
We’re looking for a sharp Senior Big- Data Architect to turn true big data into actionable insights. As a Senior Big-Data Architect you’ll play a crucial role in building out a revolutionary next generation real-time system. You must have vast experience in Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce and Kafka that can provide the technical leadership towards architecting a highly scalable, cost effective and highly performing platform.
- At least 5-10 years of professional experience using Java/Scala with an established track record as a leading Architect including the use of multi-threading and concurrent programing.
- Deep knowledge of component systems architecture including distributed systems architecture and multiple programming languages supporting such architecture.
- Knowledge of various Big Data components, vendors and technologies including Hadoop, Vertica,Oracle/Mysql, Graph DB’s, Kafka, Spark, NoSQL databases, Redis, low latency solutions (networking / disk / etc).
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, engineer and implement in Java data platforms
- Own and establish Engineering Frameworks for Big Data
- Being the proactive and technical point person for the data platform end to end.
- Lead by example coaching and mentoring those of your peers and mentoring less experienced team members.
To apply, please email your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 10 working days of application. (Sadly due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond directly to everyone, but we will try our very best!)
No agencies please.